Melilla preserves them funds and documents of its rich heritage bibliographic in the Hospital of the King, space symbolic and physical of the testimony existential of the Melilla.
- FILE historical of MELILLA created in 1969. Has in them funds with them protocols notary of the notaries of Guerra of Melilla and the Islands Chafarinas (s.) (18th and 19th).
- FILE CENTRAL of MELILLA created at 1,987. Houses them funds of the Board of excise taxes (1.879-1.927), together Municipal (1931-1.995). Is have gone incorporating them documents administrative generated by the city autonomous of Melilla and historical (funds of Melilla, Fifth Centenary, cadastre) and of other areas geographical (background Velez-Malaga).
- GRAPHIC Collections includes collections photographic, cartographic and engravings. The datas of these funds is extend from end of the century XIX until it today.
- Library CÁNDIDO LOBERA houses specialized funds dedicated to the authors and topics Melilla, Spain in Morocco protectorate, and Amazigh culture.
- TECHNICAL FILE LIBRARY. Collection specializing in library and archival issues.
DISSEMINATION OF HERITAGE
- SERVICE publications, with a hundred and ten titles publishing Fund. It carries out the publication of works of authors and topics Melilla.
- CULTURAL extension: programming of activities of cultural and informative (book week, exhibitions, conferences).
- ROOM of researchers, with sixteen jobs.
Archive Central of the city of Melilla
Stop square, 1
Tel. 952 680 144 / 952 686 056
Fax. 952 685 722
Opening hours: Monday to Friday from 9:00 to 14:00.